Version 1.2 (v34)
- Rotate and flip movies. Customized movie orientations are saved in playlists and restored each time the movie is opened.
- Custom start and stop times for individual movies.
- Playlist Printing
- In addition to maximum size, full screen movies can now be viewed at normal size, half size, and double size.
- The Controls window is resizable, allowing more possible precision when scrubbing through a movie.
- The speed slider in the Controls window has been rescaled a bit to clarify the zero point, and to allow more precise control below half speed.
- Added an option to have movies start playing immediately after they are opened (i.e. when they are double-clicked in the playlist).
- A context-sensitive playlist action menu for common playlist tasks.
- Added a French localization (special thanks to Matt Anton).
Bug Fixes / Improvements
- Fixed a major bug that prevented BitPlayer from starting on a G5.
- Improved compatibility with Panther, taking advantage of the new search field, help buttons, and toolbar features. Also fixed some Panther-specific bugs related to stability playlist selection, and playlist sorting.
- Fixed a rare crash that sometimes occurred when mounting volumes, and would usually happen while BitPlayer was in the background.
- Completely reengineered playlist searching. Search results now appear in a flat list, instead of a filtered outline. Searching is now also much faster.
- Made the layout of the playlist drawer even more compact, and added more minimalist action buttons.
- Improved the behavior of multiple playlist windows: untitled playlists that are untouched now close if a new playlist is opened over them (coinciding with the behavior in TextEdit). In addition, whether a movie opened from Finder or the Open Recent menu opens in a new window or the current playlist is no longer ambiguously related to the selection in the Open dialog. There is now an explicit option in the preferences.
- Reorganized the Info window to accommodate the new orientation and time options. The File info pane now resizes to fit the movie file name or URL.
- Fixed several memory leaks involving user interface loading.
- Added several requested keyboard shortcuts for various menu items.
- Added a button to the custom Full Screen options dialog to save the settings as defaults.
- Playlists should now properly remember expanded folders.
- Removed some unnecessary initializations that were slowing down launch times.
- Playlist window size and view options should now be consistently saved when a window is closed.
- If a playlist window is moved when the drawer is opened, it will snap back when the drawer is closed (unless it has been subsequently moved or resized).
- The "Resize window to fit larger movies" option now also resizes the movie window to fit a movie at normal size when the "Fit in Window" view option is selected (before, it only applied to Half Size, Normal Size, and Double Size).
- When movie view options for the current movie are changed in the info window, changes are consistently reflected in the movie window.
- Fixed a crash caused by certain movies with skins that would send garbled status messages.
- Various other minor stability and performance fixes.
Version 1.1.1 (v6)
- Added a floating window option.
- Added a preference for which side the playlist drawer should open on. Windows now reposition themselves to accomodate opening drawers.
Bug Fixes / Improvements
- The playlist drawer and Controls window are now more compact, and take up less screen space.
- Added alternating colored stripes to the playlist and export list for better readability.
- Slimmed down the playlist backend a great deal, removing redundant and inconsistent code, and generally improving performance.
- Searching should now be almost twice as fast.
- Folders containing items that are found in a search are now expanded to display the found movies.
- Documents now save playlist shuffle settings.
- The Controls toolbar button now shows and hides the Controls window.
- The Controls window now enables and disables much more appropriate controls for different movies, especially interactive movies.
- The Controls window displays the status for streaming movies again (this was present in 1.0.1, but not 1.1).
- Player should now respond to movie keyboard shortcuts more often.
- When no movie is open, the information in a player window is now more accurate.
- Movies that send commands to the player (like full screen) are now respected.
- If a movie's duration changes while it's playing (during a stream, for instance) it will now update in the playlist.
- Status icons are now the right size, so they no longer have to be scaled.
- Fixed a major bug where the menu bar could not be used if the Show/Hide Playlist button was removed from the toolbar.
- The Next/Previous Movie commands now behave more logically when Repeat All is on.
- The playlist drawer now auto-opens when dragging in a folder.
- Opening a URL in a new window now opens the movie immediately (consistent with behavior for files).
- If there is a default playlist, it no longer changes the default Open folder every time BitPlayer opens.
- The Remove From List button in the Export Progress window now has context-sensitive titles.
- Clicking Play at the end of a movie when there are no movies after it now restarts that movie from the beginning. This matches the behavior of QuickTime Player.
- BitPlayer now uses integer build numbers for its internal version.
- Added a version declaration that prevents BitPlayer from being run on versions of Mac OS X ealier than 10.2.
- Fixed a bug where the loaded playlist item was not getting properly preserved after a sort.
- Fixed a bug where opening multiple movies at the same time would not open them all properly.
- Fixed some nonsensical Undo text when deleting playlist items.
- Fixed a bug where holding the QuickTime VR Drag and Previous Node buttons would send their messages repeatedly.
- Removed lots of unnecessary initialization code for faster launches and opens.
- Fixed a number of memory and stability problems.
- Export from Playlist: batch exports multiple movies in a playlist in a single step.
- Export Frame: exports a single movie frame to a variety of formats.
- Playlist shuffle
- New feedback window for sending feedback and bug reports to Tanjero over the internet.
- New options in Controls preferences for displaying the Controls window in full screen: the Controls window can be set to show whenever the mouse moves, and hide after a set period of time.
- Hiding full screen movies on secondary displays while BitPlayer is in the background is now optional and is disabled by default.
- Playlist shuffle
- Complete help
- Added a Clear Recent URLs button to the Open URL window.
- New toolbar items for Repeat and Shuffle.
Bug Fixes / Improvements
- Folders can now be chosen in the Open dialog.
- All of the export dialogs now remember the most recently used export settings.
- The Show Controls menu item and the Command - ; keyboard shortcuts now toggle the visibility of the Controls window.
- When playing a full screen movie, the screen saver and any automatic sleep settings are temporarily disabled.
- Greatly improved the efficiency of many playlist operations, including adding, removing, and moving movies. Items in the playlist should now be selected more consistently.
- Opening a movie in a new window now automatically loads it into the window.
- Fixed several problems with movies in multiple nested folders not being properly displayed.
- Fixed problems with the Export Progress window where selections of multiple movies would not be properly deleted.
- Fixed a rare issue where a failed export would lock up the Export Progress window.
- Fixed a lock up in full screen when BitPlayer attempted to open an invalid file.
- Fixed a bug that allowed a window to be resized to less than its minimum size if its proportions were being fixed with the Shift key.
- Slightly reorganized the preferences.
- Fixed an issue where the Show/Hide Toolbar menu item would have the wrong title.
- Fixed problems with the Controls window sometimes not displaying properly.
- Audio-only movies no longer stop playing when the window is resized.
- Fixed a bug where the audio from audio-only files would drop out after a period of time.
- Fixed a rare bug that would occasionally cause BitPlayer to crash in the background after a change in display settings.
- The Help key on the keyboard now opens help, instead of displaying the useless question mark cursor.
- New playlist icon, and a slightly touched up application icon.
- Fixed a crashing bug involving displaying a URL in a playlist while the Size column was visible. This seems to have been an unexpected result of compiling the program with optimizations turned on.
- Added a credit and copyright notice for bDistributed.com for their excellent BDAlias class.